[Homeroast] Costa Rican City roast

Ed Needham beans at homeroaster.com
Mon Mar 1 09:38:57 CST 2010

What do you think is going wrong in your roasts?  You are using a stovetop
method, a whirly pop?  skillet?  Have you ever checked the color of your
ground beans with the color of the beans themselves?  Do it in sunlight, so
you get good color balance.  Sometimes, especially with direct heat methods,
you can get a darkened outside and a much lighter roast on the inside,
leading to a bad roast.  Just a thought.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homeroaster.com