[Homeroast] Roast goes stale fast

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 07:49:54 CDT 2010

I agree with Chris. In addition to the idea that the volatiles might be
escaping, I would be
concerned with just the idea that it's plastic - I remember my ex-boyfriend
lamenting how
his favorite imported olive oil started using plastic for their bottles, and
that was the beginning
of the end for them. Olive oil can get ruined in plastic - might be the same
for coffee.

Be sure to let us know how it turns out when you try the glass jars. That's
all I use, but I
don't do espresso (and I haven't even been homeroasting lately, partly
because of the heat,
partly due to my usual tight finances).

I remember someone did a little experiment way back when I first joined
SM's. Forgot who
it was - but he put some of his homeroast in mason jars, and some in an open
bowl. I remember
that he said the open bowl fared better, but I never was able to be brave
enough to try that!

Lynne