[Homeroast] Bulk Grinder for Drip

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:29:52 CDT 2010

"What is traditionally used in the rest of world for grinding coffee in
commercial settings?"

Dittings, for the most part, from what I've seen. And, IIRC, Ditting is now
a part of Mahlkoenig.


On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Edward Bourgeois <edbourgeois at gmail.com>wrote:

> I got hold of a Grindmaster shortly after I build my roaster for the
> occasional need to grind a bag for a customer. I then found that
> Grindmasters use crushing burrs where Bunn uses cutting burrs. I've
> been looking for a steal on a used Bunn with burrs in great condition
> but no luck yet. I thought I would then try some sifting and
> comparisons and keep the one I preferred. This topic has come up a few
> times on H-B and it has been thought that the Bunn cutting burrs are a
> better choice. I've also asked about what has been used in Europe over
> time for coffee as we see many espresso grinders but much fewer coffee
> examples. The Mahlkoenig and Ditting are what come to mind. I've tried
> to find out if Mazzer did a coffee grinder or had a different burr set
> but it seems they don't. In the US we see lots of commercial coffee
> grinders but why so few from other countries? What is traditionally
> used in the rest of world for grinding coffee in commercial settings?
> Some hand mills definitely have courser burr cuts than others but are
> great for a dripper but not designed for grinding larger quantities..
> --
> Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
> Amherst MA.
> http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/
> _______________________________________________
>  Homeroast mailing list
> Homeroast at host.sweetmariascoffee.com
> http://host.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
> Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
> http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

More information about the Homeroast mailing list