[Homeroast] Removing stale coffee smell from filter basket of Bialetti Moka pot?

Angelica M flowergirl135 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:17:49 CDT 2010

I have this moka pot I hardly ever even used and I clean it well after
using, (and I never use really old coffee) but for some reason the filter
basket has a horrible stale coffee smell which then you end up tasting in
the coffee. Yuck!

Here is what I tried so far:
1)Soak in baking soda
2)Boil water, turn heat off and leave the filter submerged in that water
overnight.

Nada! The smell won't leave! Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks folks.

--
General Note to All--
PLEASE BE AWARE I ONLY HAVE EMAIL ACCESS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY TILL ABOUT