[Homeroast] Bulk Grinder for Drip

Ed Needham beans at homeroaster.com
Mon Jun 28 09:30:23 CDT 2010

"I then found that Grindmasters use crushing burrs where Bunn uses cutting
burrs."
Ed, just curious where you got this information.  It's been a while since I
looked into grinders, but in the past, Bunn grinders were all made by
Grindmaster here in Louisville and were no different than other Grindmaster
and rebranded grinders made by Grindmaster.  Things may have changed, but
this is the first I've ever heard of a 'crushing grinder' except for the big
industrial roller grinders.
What would a crushing grinder burr look like? vs. a cutting burr?  I've only
seen the cutting burrs, flat and conical.  Of course the cheapie Walmart
burr grinders are not sharp and pretty much crush more than cut, but we're
not talking about those.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homeroaster.com