[Homeroast] [homeroast] Improper speeds through and after 1st crack

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 10:32:07 CDT 2010

This is where I start to search for more opinions. When I do small
tweaks within what I've found to be acceptable boundaries I get
something I consider different. With the complexities of coffee  I've
assumed  that many different yet still desirable cups can be produced
within a general roast degree from the same beans. When simply
roasting for myself I can try several approaches and pick my favorite
but when I offer the same choices to friends who I roast for I get
some who like my choice and others who definitely like some of the
others. The good thing is it's not a love or hate issue just one of
preference which I think has mostly to do with the fact that I'm
dealing with humans and relates to pleasing some to most of the people
some to most of the time. I've also realized that buying from Tom
makes things more complicated. With SM coffees I don't have to focus
on merely trying to roast out defects that I have experienced from
some coffees from other sources that greatly narrows the
possibilities!

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM,  <raymanowen at gmail.com> wrote:
> " If say the roast slowed to 2-3 degrees rise/min for 30sec. to a min.
> during 1st. could
> negative results occur?"
>
> OK- Ray will play- What did happen to the cup flavor?
> --
> Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
Amherst MA.
http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/