[Homeroast] controlling heater > Sucky decaf

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 12:44:39 CDT 2010

Unless you get into dimmers made for professional stage lighting they aren't
going to handle the heater long without frying. In other words don't go buy
a light dimmer from Lowe's or Home Depot and attempt to control heater
circuit! A Variac (aka variable transformer) doesn't "pulse power" but
rather attenuates (and/or amplifies if it's a model capable) the output wave
ie voltage.

miKe