[Homeroast] Bulk Grinder for Drip

Maxwell Heathcott mheathcott at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 12:24:03 CDT 2010

Didn't want to get into too much detail considering that I'm talking about several different methods as I mentioned in my first post.
In a nutshell: coarser for Chemex, finer for straight drip, and somewhere in between for vacpot. Blooming for a bitwith pour-overs.  Keeping dwell-times (or drip times) appropriate to avoid over- or under-extraction. That sort of thing.
The primary problem that I get is stalling in just about any method unless I'm using a very coarse grind (at which point, I'm inevitably under-extracting). This implies to me (and I've only been geeking out for about three years now, so WTF do I know . . . )that I'm getting fines that are clogging my world up.
In reply to the posts that have come as of late:  I'm using a Super Jolly for espresso.  I'm happy with it.It's consistent, and it works.  I DON'T want to use it for pour-over (or otherwise) because I can dial it in for myespresso, and I can make tiny adjustments day after day based on bean age, weather, etc. and, as I said: it works. If I go spinning the thing three inches to the right to make two cups of drip, then I'm going to burn through a quarter pound of beans to get back to perfect espresso.  You dig?

--mh