[Homeroast] Bulk Grinder for Drip

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:42:11 CDT 2010

Yup, a bunn low profile lpg is a good choice too. The burr cut is
different (bigger release channels) than an espresso burr grinder so
produces less fines. Be aware that replacement burr set if needed are
quite pricey on coffee grinders compared to espresso grinders

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Maxwell Heathcott
<mheathcott at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Lately, I haven't been terribly happy with my various drip methods.  Honestly: I've found inconsistency to be the rule when switching between grinds for vacpot, clever dripper, and Chemex.  I have adjusted methods and grinds according to prevailing wisdom, as well as according to just what seems to work.  I'm using a Breville Ikon for my grinding, and I think it just releases too many fines (or, more simply: the grind just isn't consistent enough) for everything to function smoothly and for me to be happy.  I'm thinking I need a relatively inexpensive bulk grinder, and I'm leaning toward a Bunn G1 (Ebay or otherwise used). Anyone have any counter-suggestions that I should consider before I go that way?
>

> Thanks!!
>

> MH

Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
Amherst MA.