[Homeroast] Bulk Grinder for Drip

Maxwell Heathcott mheathcott at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:17:31 CDT 2010

Lately, I haven't been terribly happy with my various drip methods.  Honestly: I've found inconsistency to be the rule when switching between grinds for vacpot, clever dripper, and Chemex.  I have adjusted methods and grinds according to prevailing wisdom, as well as according to just what seems to work.  I'm using a Breville Ikon for my grinding, and I think it just releases too many fines (or, more simply: the grind just isn't consistent enough) for everything to function smoothly and for me to be happy.  I'm thinking I need a relatively inexpensive bulk grinder, and I'm leaning toward a Bunn G1 (Ebay or otherwise used). Anyone have any counter-suggestions that I should consider before I go that way?

Thanks!!

MH