[Homeroast] Behmor and Sumatran

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Fri Jun 25 10:45:10 CDT 2010

Hi All,  I roasted two batches using the Behmor yesterday.  Both were 11oz
and used the 1# setting, P3 and D and added all of the extra time that I
could get.  The first batch didn't make it to second crack, and at least 4
minutes after the first crack.  The second batch preheated for 90 seconds
and then did same settings and right at about 9 seconds left, it started to
crack just a little bit of the second crack.  The Sumatran beans both look
the same. But instead of being uniformly the same color, they are mottled.
I can't wait to try them next week after they have aged a bit.  Also,
speaking of good beans, I'm am sad to see that I am out of stock of the
P.N.Guinea Peaberry from Sweet Marias.  They had phenomenal flavor and were
really quite versatile, too.  I had a batched I weighed wrong that were
barely in the first crack to almost charred black and they just kept on
producing phenomenal coffees and even the single origin espressos were
really good.  Anyways, thanks Tom for the wonderful beans.

Peter