[Homeroast] Updated Behmor Chaff Collector

Bryan Wray bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 00:40:08 CDT 2010

I was using door cracks to slow time between first and second, initally.  Trust me... getting the Behmor to roast slowly should NOT be a problem, haha.  I would normally crack the door when I had 15-30 seconds left in first (depending on a rather obvious multitude of variables) to slow down the exit speed.  Sometimes I didn't need to and it never got around to an exact science, but was something I goofed with.
Mainly I was roasting a lot (100's of lbs) of the same beans, so I wanted the profiles to line up.  If a roast was tracking fast, the door would get cracked, if it was tracking slow the door would stay closed the whole time, but a typical roast (again with the variables) was a 10-15 second crack as 1st was finishing.
-bry

Bryan Wray

Nor'West Coffee

360.831.1480

Bryan at NorWestCoffee.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens