[Homeroast] Costa Rica RIP 2009

Ed Needham beans at homeroaster.com
Mon Jun 21 22:02:45 CDT 2010

Dry processed coffees typically roast with a more uneven appearance than
washed coffees.  The little bits and pieces of remaining parchment and the
amount of sugar on the outside of the bean, which gets very dark can account
for this.

Unripe beans will also roast with a lighter color than those that are ripe.
If the bean color is way different than the other beans, it's probably an
unripe that was not milled out at the source.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homeroaster.com