[Homeroast] Costa Rica RIP 2009

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Mon Jun 21 14:04:59 CDT 2010

It depends how much of the fruit was left on the outside of the
parchment layer - darker roast appearance = more fruit = a true
pulped natural process. Tan bean = less fruit = more of a true wet
process. It's sorta a melange of processes. basically. RIP was fun
but I decided to not do it this year... Tom

>I roasted a pound of Costa Rica R.I.P 2009 this morning. I noticed
>that some beans got dark, and others stayed tan.  I roasted it well
>past first crack, and some of the beans are VERY dark while many
>others remained light tan.
>
>Should I separate the tan beans and roast them further, or separate
>and throw them away, or just grind and brew them with the dark beans?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Brian

-Tom