[Homeroast] Costa Rica RIP 2009

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:20:01 CDT 2010

Ray,

I would agree with "Melange roast blend," only I think I would say
"Big Time Melange roast blend." Tom has posted photos that clearly
show the stark contrast between the beans that are clearly roasted and
those that seemingly are not, judging by the very pale color.

It all threw me off. It seemed as though I was roasting two very
different beans, one very low altitude and one very high altitude, so
that some roasted lots faster than the others. I fear I may have taken
the roast way too far, waiting for the pale beans to change color.

While the beans were cooling I picked out one of the very pale beans
and squeezed it between my fingers, and it crumbled. Very unusual
roast. I hope I didn't ruin it by taking it too far.

Brian