[Homeroast] Trouble roasting today...

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Sat Jun 12 11:05:02 CDT 2010

>Removal and replacement is a real job with the early ones.  You have
>to use a 500F or above drop point synthetic grease.  Something from
>Nye Lubricants works well.  Figure it will be close to 100.00 for
>the grease though.

!!!  I have a few different lubricants I use on roasters that can
handle high temps and don't cost that - I am sure that is amazing
grease, but since it is not a food contact point it seems there might
be other options. Glad to see this topic come up though, I didn't
realize that there was an issue with lubrication, esp on early models.
--
-Tom