[Homeroast] Behmor Hack

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:24:01 CDT 2010

An odd design, that DX-40- a Class C final amplifire. Tuned grind current to
max, about 4ma. Dip plate of 6146 for minimum smoke. (amplifire)  Wish I had
a scope back then- from the plate of the 6CL6 buffer to the 6146 grind was a
small pie network I had to guess how to tune the semi-fixed-tuned network
for more grind mas.

About those marathon kit-building sessions 63 years ago- False. 1957 was 53
years ago, when I realized I liked coffee beans more than even vacuum-brewed
weakfish coffee. (The bane of using the Post Versalog- I can neither add nor
subtract.) HP-35 solved all that for $406.85 and a 12-week wait.

That was really the first time I ever brewed coffee that I liked.  Didn't
keep me awake, just a reason to stay awake and enjoy the fresh pot. And all
the antioxidants- who'd a thunk it?  Barley pop, known as San Miguel in
Manila and Clark, Sing Hai in Bangkok and OB in Osan were the refreshing
coolants.

Heath taught me most about High Reliability and Mil-Spec 2000 soldering, but
I didn't have any hooks to get the MFP spray until the new supply Seregeant
at Thuy Hoa. "Sir, I'm sorry but you're not authorized any MFP"

"Don't Sir me, but if you Do Not like WTFO bootleg radio, keep up with this
'Not Authorized' BS."  I got the MFP- a whole case of 36 cans, that I
couldn't take on the C-141 back to Clark.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Mmmm- San Miguel, Masarap! Ayos na ang Kasunod!