[Homeroast] OT: RE: Hot solder and RayO's kits

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:11:41 CDT 2010

I mostly code in Java(I know Java better than any other language except maybe C), sometimes I do some C++ if I have to but C++ is not my favourite language- the code I wrote for CERN is all in C++. Being a Math guy I use MatLab and/or Mathematica almost every day. I also started playing around with a newer language called Clojure recently. Its a Lisp based language that runs on the Java virtual machine (Its more of a hobby language for me but it is very cool!).

As far as hardware goes- I usually cheat and code up a PIC MCU chip (I usually code them in C but the assembly language for most PICs is fairly strait forward). Instant circuit! I wont lie, I am not very good at EE stuff, I am a code monkey!

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com