[Homeroast] Hot solder and RayO's kits

Mike Davis mldavis2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 8 13:48:14 CDT 2010

Always enjoy RayO's poetry and viewpoint.  The Knight-Kit post stirred
memories of past Heathkits built including one of the finest CRT TV
pictures I've ever seen on a kit I built in the very early 1970's.  That
kit lived nearly 20 years before I had to abandon it and Heathkit
disappeared.  My speakers are only Acoustic Research AR-3a's and AR-4X's
- arguably some of the finest ever built and of course no longer
available 1969 vintage -- table-flat audible spectrum throughout most of
the range of human hearing with individual scope traces for each unit.
But I digress ....

Leaving for a small vacation with my TechniVorm, Infinity grinder and a
load of greens to feed the iR2.  A Hottop is in the wish list but no
intended field mods.  As much as I love the odor of hot solder, I'll
reserve that for repairs.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm outta here for a while.  Here's hoping Tom will come up with yet
more irresistible offerings to snag my wallet upon return.

Mike Davis