[Homeroast] Vac. pot seal breaking problem

John Borella jborella at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Jun 7 09:09:07 CDT 2010

In 15 months of daily use I've never had this happen with my Hario 5C but I
always set the upper globe in right after lighting up the burner.

  The only instructions included with my NCA5 were in Japanese so any
warnings wouldn't have been very useful. Last time I checked Hario was still
refusing to sell their vac pots in the U.S. due to liability issues. I see
that HarioUSA/Roustabout products now lists a couple of the smaller models
but the prices are ridiculously high so I doubt they are buying direct from
Hario. All my equipment came from Avenue 18 Tea in Vancouver, B.C.

John B.