[Homeroast] Vac. pot seal breaking problem

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Sun Jun 6 09:40:24 CDT 2010

The glass rod does nothing to reduce the possibility of super heating.
Vibration does though so if the kitchen floor bounces like a old
trampoline that will solve the issue.  Also for the glass rod users, the
rate of heat application makes a difference on the ease of producing
superheat.  A very low heat rate will cause it much more often than a
rapid heat rate.  The dissolved gases come out of solution at about 160F
with a rapid heat application and this stirs teh mass of water.  A slow
application may allow the bulk of the water to reach 160+F with no
agitation and then all gases evolve instantaneously.