[Homeroast] Vac. pot seal breaking problem

Michael Irrera mirrera at me.com
Sun Jun 6 07:56:26 CDT 2010

I think that the issue is more with those of us (I'd venture to say the majority on the list?) that use a glass rod filter, rather than a cloth filter.  Even the glass stem of the top globe resting in the lower as the water heats is usually enough to promote boiling.

But to make sure, I usually add a couple of coffee grounds, too.  A few overextracted grounds doesn't affect the flavor, and I've had a superheated blowout, too, and they're no fun.

-AdkMike