[Homeroast] 1899 LA Times coffee article

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 17:43:35 CDT 2010

I too like the last paragraph best.
 I've wondered  how the caffeine count in the beans has changed since
those times. Since it is a natural pesticide and selection over the
years would come from the more healthy shrubs that also may have been
plants with more caffeine for protection. I've  assumed it might have
increased significantly.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee
<sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com> wrote:
> I posted an excerpt in the forum:
> http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1194
> Very interesting, about a very large fazenda in brazil, but I can't figiure
> out if they are describing a pulp natural process, or a wet process (and the
> writer simply omitted talk of fermentation). Funny comments about young
> italian women sorting the coffee too.
> --
> -Tom

> Roasting