[Homeroast] USRC 3k production limitations > OT: And then there were three....

Scott Miller peechdogg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 13:56:37 CDT 2010

I like Nor'west Coffee as a name. No opinion on separating the roasting name
from the shop name, but branding 2 separate identities sounds like a lot to
take on.

Java Nation sounds nice if there are broader aspirations than a 3-4 state
area. However I will say Java Nation starts moving dangerously close to
those cutesy sounding names. When I'm in an area and don't know where "the
spot" is, my judgmental nature is to think less of places with the cutesy
name... you know: "Jittery Jivin' House of Monkey Madness, Coffee 'n'
Stuffs". I might miss a decent cup from time to time with that attitude,
though.

Simple and direct is appealing to me, but I can't even figure out if folks
in my town prefer chocolate or vanilla gelato from one day to the next, so I
seem to run short of one or the other at the most inopportune times. What do
I know?

This half penny's worth of advice is provided to you free of charge....
Considering the fluctuating economy, you now owe me a shekel .... since it's
National Donut Day, a sufganiyot and cappuccino will do. Just hold off with
the dry foam that so many places seem to do without asking if that's what
you prefer.

Do I get a Curmudgeon Badge yet?

Best wishes for continued success to you, Bryan and your staff.

cheers,

Scott