[Homeroast] USRC 3k production limitations > OT: And then there were three....

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Fri Jun 4 10:27:46 CDT 2010

First from what little research I've done Oregon air quality control for
roasters is much more lax than SW Washington but doesn't matter, have no
plans to relocate roasting operations. My base of roasting operations is and
will continue to be Vancouver for the foreseeable future. Yet I never say
never (oops just did :) so who knows what will happen down the road.

The USRC 3k is quite capable of cranking out ~200lb in an 8 hour roast day.
Small amount in the larger sense of professional roasting yet means easily
can crank out over a half Ton of coffee a week with this little guy and not
quite to that level yet. Push come to shove could run him two work shifts
daily easily roasting over a Ton a week when the time comes, while waiting
for a larger roaster.

But highly likely before upgrading to a larger production roaster will be
springing for a real 2 to 4 barrel sample roaster. Using the CCR HT works,
but is a PIA taking way to much time. While a highly capable home roaster,
when you have a bunch of samples you want to roast it's nuts when it takes
ALL day to do it!

I keep going back and forth whether roasting business should or should not
be the same name as our coffeehouses for clear branding recognition. No
definitive decision yet...

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.NorwestCoffee.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/