[Homeroast] Travelling Faux pas

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:41:00 CDT 2010

I've almost been there, I recently roasted a bean, Guatemalan, I believe,
that was brewed into coffee mere hours or even minutes after the roast, and
tasted quite good.  I've been running real lean on the inventory, just in
time roasting, as it were with never enough rested beans to satisfy.

This morning I took the time to brew a half pot Chemex while making lunch
and getting the kids out the door.  Wife's up and out of bed today so things
are on the upswing.  I planned on enjoying 400 ml in the cup on the way to
work and stashing 200 ml in a thermos for later, but the Wife surprised me
in wanting coffee this morning instead of tea so I had to leave that last
200 ml at home in her cup.  I will survive, but I will be bringing in an
AeroPress or CCD to work by next week at the latest.

I've just been too tired to roast lately... never did brew myself a good cup
of coffee yesterday, ended up washing the dishes and sacking out on the
couch again.  It'll be good when the sick bed reverts to our bedroom again.
I think I've been fighting it, been having headaches and some body aches but
so far it hasn't lodged in the chest or sinuses so I'm still ambulatory.

Best of health to everyone, seems the end of school bugs are out getting
them all.

-Chris