[Homeroast] Travelling Faux pas

Derek Bradford derekbradford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:32:48 CDT 2010

Next time you could try to find a couple large stones to use as a mill; a
large flat piece of slate and a more rounded one to grind the beans against
the slate would do the trick pretty well.  There are probably a billion
people in the world still grinding stuff that way and it works very well,
all things considered.

--Derek

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Jason Brooks <brookswv at gmail.com> wrote:

> The family and I headed off to the mountains this past weekend for our 13th
> anniversary.  The in-laws kept the children and we had a place to
> ourselves.
>  On Sunday morning, I pull out my AP, roasted beans, only to find my knee
> mill still sitting on the shelf at home.
>
> The place where we stayed had very little in the way of tools, not even two
> deeply nested bowls, that would assist in the breaking of the beans.
>
> So, alas, I relented and was left to pretty miserable road coffee.  But it
> made this morning's Chemex all the sweeter!
>
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason Brooks
> brookswv at gmail.com
> http://javajeb.wordpress.com

Every path but your own is the path of fate.  --Thoreau