[Homeroast] Hottop Repair and Service

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Tue Jun 1 11:33:30 CDT 2010

I suspect that the biggest problem that they face is getting enough heating
power to have good control of the roasts.  In order to be able to sell it to
the largest number of people, it has to be able to run on a 110 volt, 15 amp
circuit and that limits the amount of power available.  Just requiring a 20
amp circuit would help a lot, but would further limit their sales.  Since
the market for this roaster is not very large to begin with, they don't want
to further reduce it.  If I were building it, I would use a large heater
with a lot of excess capability for maximum control and run it on a large
220 volt circuit.  Of course, I would only sell about ten units and would
loose my shirt and the rest of my clothes, but I would have a good roaster.

Mike Chester