[Homeroast] recognizing quakers?

Josh Schwartz veganjosh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:51:42 CDT 2010

Quakers can only be identified post-roast, and at that point they are much
lighter in color than other roasted beans.  If you're roasting in a popper
and getting very uneven roasts, you're right that it might be hard to pick
them out, but you can't really go wrong if you just pick out all the beans
that look way too light.  There's actually a pretty nice thread on the forum
with some good pictures of the quakers pulled out of an Ethiopia:
http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1137