[Homeroast] Vimercate

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:49:16 CDT 2010

I had a good espresso at the Hotel bar last night but was disappointed that
they had regular drip (called Cafe Americano) as part of the breakfast
buffet.

Espresso vending machines are entrenched here and the employees at the large
company I'm visiting have keys (USB Sticks?) that they plug into the machine
to charge out their coffee... most drink espresso with sugar.  At lunch
today at the company cafeteria we stopped at the company coffee bar and had
a barista pull us some shots into disposable plastic cups on a push button
machine.  Grinds in the doser are all the way up to the top and I didn't see
her grind any coffee while I was there.  Three singles, two split from one
portafilter and the other one on a single spout... the flow was pretty
unequal and I'm not sure who got stuck with the bum shot, but I almost say I
prefer the vending machine concoction.

Hope to have another good espresso tonight at dinner, and may be "stuck"
here over the weekend and have to find a real coffee bar in Milan for
something better.

-Chris