[Homeroast] SM on The Splendid Table today

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Mon Jul 26 19:33:03 CDT 2010

Wow - sorry about all the typos. I have a big band aid on my finger
and it seems to be severely affecting my typing today! Anyway, I was
saying the host is constrained by the format and time allotted but we
did record material for a home roasting segment. I hope they use it,
but no date on that. Yes, she is a good conversationalist and
genuinely curious. It's not going to be the venue for really being
technical about a subject, or half the listenership would probably
tune out. Realistically, it's just a format to whet the appetite.
People can take it from there... Tom

>I enjoyed the interview, and yes, Linda is definitely contrained by
>the forma in terms of depth of topic etc. I was nercous to do this,
>even though it was recorded, but she but me at ease and I ended up
>laughing through half of the interview. There is a second part all
>about home coffee roasting with emphasis on air popcorn poppers,
>since she was interested in an easy, low-commitment way for someone
>to try it out. In both the focus on pour-over drip, and on air
>poppers for roasting, I thought she showed good instinct in tending
>toward simple, no-frills ways to approach coffee and get good
>results (or at least have fun).
>--
>-Tom

-Tom