[Homeroast] Coffee Jams and Jellies

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 15:08:08 CDT 2010

"...RayO, don't want to try my spaghetti sauce?"

Maybe three times in my life have I had spaghetti that had excellent flavor
and mouth feel by itself and was complimented by its delicate sauce.

Once, we actually had no sauce per se, just topped by a kind of soufflé
of Parmesan reggiano cheese, and a tiny sprinkle of balsamic vinegar or
wine-??  That was part of our "Welcome to the neighborhood" nearly 40 years
ago.

The furthest thing from my alleged mind was suggesting the addition of
coffee to the fare- I didn't really want to go for a ride in one of the
black Cadillacs or loong, long limo's that were parked on the street that
night.  More than two shots of wine and I take the wheelbarrow- they weren't
serving Mad Dog that night, and I knew nothing about coffee!  So, what's
changed?

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Got Grinder?