[Homeroast] "Natural" Coffee?

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 14:55:55 CDT 2010

I do not believe "natural" has a legal definition like "organic" does. As I recall, it is mainly a marketing term and asserts that the majority of your ingredients are unrefined or something like that. Its really kind of bogus as I understand it.

Personally, given what they are asking, I would assume that as it applies to you they want to know that you aren't adding anything to the beans at roast time like artificial vanilla nastiness, and that they are not treated with chemicals (IE: if offering decaf, I would avoid solvent processed beans, go with Swiss water or possibly CO2 if they are ok with that.)

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com