[Homeroast] "Natural" Coffee?

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Fri Jul 23 11:39:00 CDT 2010

The term "natural is strictly a marketing term and has no real meaning.  For
example, I have seen HFCS listed as a "natural" ingredient, though it does
not naturally occur.  The word means whatever you want it to mean.  There is
no standard for its usage, so I would confidently assure them that your
product is 100% "natural."  Don't confuse "natural" with "organic."  To be
labeled "organic," the farms and processors must be certified.  Even using a
more strict definition (what people think it means, not the BS term
"Natural" really is) coffee is a natural product.  It grows, is harvested,
and is roasted.  There are no man made ingredients involved.  Tell them
proudly, "Absolutely, all of my products are natural."

Mike Chester