[Homeroast] "Natural" Coffee?

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:08:33 CDT 2010

No, Michael, *you* don't need to appear smarter - *they* do. (sorry for the
sarcasm)

They* might *mean organic - but then again, I wonder, since they are in the
business,
why they wouldn't say so in the first place? Kopi Luwak is natural - maybe
they want
that. (no insult to weasel-poop coffee lovers...and hey, if you can make a
buck, I say
go for it...)

What you could do is tell them that your supplier, Tom, knows about every
farm that
produces the green coffee that you buy. There are some that are under the
strict "organic"
guidelines, and others that are following organic principles, but haven't
reached what will
pass as "organic" by the guidelines. (read about that on one of the blurbs
on SM's, but I
have no idea which coffee it was). I'd especially add that no non-natural
substance is added
to prolong the shelf life of the coffee (that's why it will go stale after
awhile, yadda yadda
yadda).

The term 'natural' is such a PR ploy, IMHNSO. As a writer, terms like this
are something
that can drive me nuts. Arsenic is natural, but I really don't want it in my
food or any other
products that touch my body, lol.

Lynne

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM, michael brown <disracer at msn.com> wrote:

> I've got a store in town that is interested in carrying my coffee.  They
> said they are strictly

a "natural product" store and asked me if my coffees are all natural...brain
> fart...."Uh i guess

so."  I don't know that i've been asked or heard of "all natural coffees."