[Homeroast] small world

Scott Miller peechdogg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 21:24:14 CDT 2010

Seldom does someone who is a "fill in the blank" refer to themselves
as said item... except for those with some degree of either
megalomania or in response to a statement made about them. For years I
worked in the food/beverage field in very high end resorts, caterers,
etc... Fancy, fou fou foods, classic European cuisine, elegant,
overdone, overdecorated presentations... I also worked in some less
than high end places ... many people would refer to me as a chef. I
even had credentials that "certified" me as such... I never referred
to myself as one... never had to, as my work spoke for itself.

I tend to shy away from terms like snob, geek, etc... my work again
speaks for me. Others are welcome to refer to me as they wish. I even
answer to some of the less than savory terms that have been tossed my
way.

Most of the coffee "snobs" I encounter wonder why my Sumatran roasts
are not dripping with oil...

cheers,

Scott