[Homeroast] GMO Coffee

Bryan Wray bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 00:12:25 CDT 2010

Getting into this thread late so my point may have already been brought up.
At what point do you consider a coffee "modified?"
We have been crossing coffee varietals for years.  Mundo Novo, Catui, Pacamara, CaTimor, the Scott Labs  coffees.... these are all coffees that were selectively and purposefully crossed and "modified" for disease resistance and higher yields.
Are we fearing something that is already here (and has been since the 1940's) or did I miss something.
-bry

Bryan Wray

Nor'West Coffee

360.831.1480

Bryan at NorWestCoffee.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens