[Homeroast] GMO Coffee

Edward Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:28:20 CDT 2010

We spent way to much time trying to control nature rather than work
with it. Tom probably has some great stories of creative approaches of
fitting coffee into a natural environment to the benefits of the care,
health and taste of the coffee. If we put the same effort in working
with the standard varietals as we did going hybrid and now gm I think
we'd have a better result, But seeds could not be controlled which
loses much of the corporate charm. I love the story that livestock are
inefficient. In a feed lot, absolutely, but when compared to a proper
managed graze veggies have way more shortcomings. Though fruit and
coffee can be done practically invisibly.