[Homeroast] Re-posts

Mike Davis mldavis2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 20 07:27:33 CDT 2010

I'm sure this has been addressed before, so forgive me.  I just wore out
the scroll button on my mouse, spinning down through all the repeated
text re-posted as replies on threads.  In my mail-reader, I can choose
to eliminate, retain or edit previous text.  In a few instances, on long
threads with anonymous titles, it may be helpful to repeat snippets of
original comments when replying.  But for heaven's sake, can't we just
post relevant replies without re-posting the entire thread in its
entirety?  I can't imagine those of you with the little hand-held
devices and small screens scrolling down through all that redundant
text.  And those of us who use desktop computers have the simple option
of deleting previous text and replies.

Sorry if this flames some of you.  I had to buy a new mouse.

Mike Davis