[Homeroast] 08 IMV, still dazzles

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Jul 19 11:32:23 CDT 2010

On Jul 18, 2010, at 9:29 PM, Yakster wrote:

> Hadn't thought of roasting the almonds with the coffee... the almonds seem
> to roast quicker, and cool slower, but if you did the right batch size of
> beans I suppose it should work out.

I'd guess that it depends on the target temperatures for each item being roasted; assuming that the target temperature is the same, when you roast two items together, will the "slower to roast" item moderate the roasting speed of the "faster to roast" item? It very well might. On the other hand, you might end up with a melange of sorts, with one item being overroasted and the other under. I love experiments like this :D
-
allon