[Homeroast] 20 Worst Drinks in America 2010

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Mon Jul 19 04:08:15 CDT 2010

On Jul 18, 2010, at 8:42 PM, "Mike Chester" <mchet at charter.net> wrote:

> This list of worst drinks was sent to me recently.  Unfortunately, I
> don't know who created this list.

It reads like an excerpt from Nutrition Action Newsletter. As noted,
the focus is on nutrition (or lack therof), not flavor.

As a computer programmer, I used to be a Mountain Dew junkie; later in
life I realized that it was a ton of calories, but I despise the taste
of artificial sweeteners. Also, Aspartame gives me headaches and
Sucralose gives me
stomach cramps. I have pretty much replaced mountain dew with black
unsweetened coffee as my caffeinated beverage of choice. Not to say
that I don't focus on flavor when I make coffee :-)

 From a nutritional standpoint, black coffee wins on flavor, lack of
calories, caffeine boost, and even potential health benefits! Gotta
love it!

-
allon