[Homeroast] 08 IMV, still dazzles

Michael Dhabolt michael.dhabolt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 15:36:59 CDT 2010

About the same time that miKe was doing his vacuum packed and frozen
greens testing that Barry alludes to, there was an offering from Tom
that was just stunning.  It was the Harrar Horse Lot 30.  I had
purchased a 20#er of it and split up what I had remaining into 280 gm
portions, vacuum bagged and froze it. 280 gms because that is the
correct greens load for the Ubber Popper.  I pull one out of the
freezer every six months or so, roast it and revel in its magnificence
for a few days. It is long enough between these special roasts that a
direct comparison is obviously impossible.  If it is less than what it
was four years (could be five - I just don't remember) ago it is
beyond my abilities to identify the changes.  I have several bags left
and Barry's comments reminded me that I'm ready for another really
special treat - - may roast a batch tonight.

Mike (just plain)