[Homeroast] [going OT] GMO Coffee

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 15:27:17 CDT 2010

"Like it or not, the world we live in, and increasingly have
altered (or damaged) to suit us might just make GMO the norm one
 of these days..."

GMO is already the norm! Most of the food you eat contains GMO ingredients. Most of your produce is GMO. When I say most, I mean overwhelming majority. I do not have a percentage off the top of my head, I can look at my sources if you like but I strongly suspect the percentage of foods in the mainstream market (non-health foods), I just found a webpage claiming that about 70% of supermarket foods contain GMO ingredients. I do not know how reliable this info is but here is the site, the site does appear to have an agenda:

http://truefoodnow.org/campaigns/genetically-engineered-foods/

People do not know this because foods are not required to be labelled as GMO or non-GMO. A tomato is a tomato in the minds of most people (Unless you are Dan Quayle, then it is a tomatoe).
--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com