[Homeroast] Six words describing why you love coffee

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 10:24:04 CDT 2010

So what you are saying is that my choice of counting the words in the entire body of the email is purely arbitrary?

Ok, lets assume for the sake of argument you are correct. Then we will only consider the selection, you yourself chose- still significantly more that 6 (I will abandon the marketing-speak term of "way more" and speak like a scientist, using the term "significantly more"). Although I cannot determine what number over 6 becomes WAY more that 6 in a satisfactory way, I can determine very easily which number is significantly more that 6- namely the number 7(If I want to buy a CD and have $6.00 to spend, but it costs $7.00, the CD costs significantly more than $6.00 such that I cannot purchase it (of course the difference between 6 and 7 cents is a little less impressive, but still significant in the sense that the clerk is under no obligation to accept 6 cents for a 7 cent item except out of kindness).
Now, you counted your passage at 20 words- this means 20-6=14 times the number of words which make it significantly more than 6. So could we say it is 14 times more significantly over 6 than the minimum number over 6? 14 is an awful lot more impressive than 3.3! I think we are starting to approach wayness.
--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com