[Homeroast] Roast goes stale fast

Steven Van Dyke coffee at svandyke.com
Sat Jul 10 07:33:17 CDT 2010

At 01:48 AM 7/10/2010, you wrote:
>at this point according to smell alone it seems that the mason jars
>are holding up considerably better?  My bet is on mason jars, hard
>to beat a tried & true classic.  Especially when compared to a
>yogurt container with a lid that does not seal.  Very nice to see a
>comparison between the two, bravo for that!

I wonder if the difference is the plastic itself.  The suggestion to
try another type of plastic would help see if that's the case.
A yogurt container should only exude incredibly small amounts of
plasticisers or other chemicals but since coffee is such a complex
thing it wouldn't take much to affect the taste.

Personally, I use mason jars.

Enjoy!

Steve :->