[Homeroast] Roast goes stale fast

michael kaericher mike_kae at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 23:40:42 CDT 2010

I can't say that I can tell the difference in the cup.  I would think that with what I am smelling a more competent barista would notice some difference.  Personally, I am not consistent enough in my espresso production, so anything up to a moderate variation in the brewed drink is more than likely caused by me.  Also, straight espresso would probably provide more direct access to the evolving flavors.  Unfortunately, straight espresso tends to overwhelm my palate, which is why I drink capps.

I am enjoying doing this; thanks for the suggestion.  Even if the ultimate answer is going to simply be that storing beans in glass is a safer bet than mystery plastic at least I will have shown myself that.

-Mike K