[Homeroast] Arhg, espresso "roast"!

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 22:59:54 CDT 2010

And a City/City+ (~431f) roasted Ethiopia Sidamo DP, not stretch roasted as
might be done to "tame" for espresso, and most assuredly on the lighter side
of roasts nowhere close to even approaching 2nd crack, still a bit crinkled
and with chaff in the crease, just a well developed 1st, pulls marvelous SO
shots. Currently in one of our SO grinders at the Roastery Lab/Education
Center/Coffeehouse. Most good coffees lighter roasted "can" pull good to
great SO shots if your shot parameters are right. And (~429f) City roasted
Sulawesi Toarco PB also pulls great shots, in other SO grinder.

ESPRESSO is NOT a roast.

NOWHERE in Tom's roast pictorial guide(s) has "espresso" EVER been a roast
reference level, never. I do believe this is the first time in 10 years I've
been on this List and a customer of Sweet Maria's I've seen Sweet Maria's
officially, as in on their homepage new offerings descriptors, call
"espresso" a roast.

Frankly I was shocked.

miKe