[Homeroast] iced coffee idea

Bonnie Polkinghorn bonnie.polkinghorn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 01:01:36 CDT 2010

I also want to thank you all.

After reading this thread, I started making iced coffee for my drive home
from work, brewing my aeropress directly into my cup filled with 2 ice
cubes, using half the amount of water.

It is so much more scrumptious than putting the two ice cubes in after
brewing.

I was in Santa Cruz, CA last weekend, and after searching the archives,
decided to stop at Verve coffee roasters.  What a fantastic experience.  I
thank you all again for travel recommendations.

For whatever reason, I haven't been roasting for over a month and I really
miss it.  I invited some friends over later this week to watch me roast
their beans, so I'm hoping I can get back in the swing.  This is the friend
who makes and sells chocolate truffles and his Espresso truffles are topped
with beans I roast.  I trade 1/2 lb of roasted coffee for one small box of
truffles (retail $6.00).  It takes him almost 6 months to use all 1/2 lb!

Rambling on,

Bonnie P.
Santa Rosa, CA

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:00 AM, michael brown <disracer at msn.com> wrote:

> I wanted to thank you all for sharing your experiences and recipes.  I
> ended up with the hot brew method, pouring it over ice. It actually turned
> into a funny Macgyver kind of

-- rest of the post has been snipped.