[Homeroast] Brewing without electricity

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:35:46 CDT 2010

michael,
coming from someone who has done it. It all depends on cups. How many cups
you plan on or estimate you will be selling. The first time doing this sort
of event is always the hardest. Not only the hardest but also very telling
as to weather or not you might ever consider it again. Plan on working your
butt off if it is busy. If it is not busy look around and figure out why. We
were not busy at my first because it was a humane society event with a lot
of folks with there pooch's all dressed up for the dog talent show. Most who
came up to our well signed booth were looking for a dog treat ( free by the
way ). I tried to convince them that there dog would perform better with a
good cup a joe under there nice jacket or sweater they were sporting. Why
heck if there dog does not do caffeine how bout some nice home made organic
muffins milled and baked from scratch? Oh well sir or madam how about you.
Fresh roasted and brewed coffee this morning? We sold some yes, but it
turned out to be more of an exposure thing for us.
Keep it as simple as possible. Talk about your beans and your fresh roast.
Let them have a sample if you can. If you coffee tastes good they will love
you. Especially if no one else is there providing coffee.
Cheers,
Joseph