[Homeroast] Brewing without electricity

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 13:04:23 CDT 2010

Pneumatic grinder?  Cordless drill or screwdriver attached to a Hario
Skerton or other hand grinder, Might be an opportunity to sell hand grinders
to folks who buy whole bean and don't have a good grinder.

I've heard of folks who do AeroPress for quick one-off cups, but not sure
you could keep up with that.  Yesterday I smoked some spare ribs and took
them over to the in-laws for the fourth, I was thinking of bringing my
Chemex but worried about breaking it, so I bought the two Starbucks Barista
stainless steel french presses I'd previously found at thrift stores (I
bought one and the Wife found the second and didn't realize I already had
one) and they worked perfectly for coffee.  Beats using the in-law's
percolator!  Maybe press pot service?  I hadn't been using press pot because
of my false burr grinder, but it actually wasn't bitter... maybe it's
because I spend more time now focusing on timing and dosing then before.

I'm thinking that if you can show your customers ways to brew the coffee
like they would at home that taste good then it'll enhance the sale.  You
could keep a few AeroPresses for sale too.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you!

-Chris